Senior Advisory Council
Leadership of the SAC:
- Dr. Jesse Mugambi, co-Chair
- Dr. Jonathan Bonk, co-Chair
- Dr. Nimi Wariboko, transitional co-Chair
Prof. Dr. James N. Amanze |
General Secretary, Association of Theological Institutions in Southern and Central Africa (ATISCA)
Department of Theology and Religious Studies
University of Botswana
Rev. Prof. Deji Isaac Ayegboyin |
Professor and Head, Department of Religious Studies
University of Ibadan
Prof. Philomena Njeri Mwaura |
Director, Centre for Gender Equity and Empowerment
Associate Professor, Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies
Dr. Paul Nchoji Nkwi |
Deputy Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Catholic University of Cameroon
H.E. Olusegun Obasanjo, PhD |
Former military head of state (1976-1979) and president of Nigeria (1999-2007)
Lecturer, National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
Rev. Prof. Thomas Oduro |
Good News Theological College and Seminary
Accra-North, Ghana; active in WAATI
International Editorial Board
|Rev. Dr. Esther Acolatse is Associate Professor of Pastoral Theology and Intercultural Studies at Knox College, University of Toronto, Canada.|
|The Reverend Gabriel Leonard Allen is a theologian, ecumenist & Interfaith activist, and a pastor in the Methodist Church of The Gambia.|
|Rev. Dr. Casely Essamuah is Secretary of the Global Christian Forum and author of Genuinely Ghanaian: A History of the Methodist Church Ghana (Africa World Press, 2010).|
|Dr. Jean-Luc Enyegue, SJ is Interim Director at the Jesuit Historical Institute in Africa (Nairobi), a lecturer in church history at Hekima University College (Kenya), and the author of several articles including “The Jesuits in Fernando Pó, 1857-1972: An Incomplete Mission” (Brill 2015).|
|Dr. Mary Getui is Professor in the Department of Religious Studies at the Catholic University of East Africa (Kenya).|
|Prof. Dr. Edison Muhindo Kalengyo is a member of the Association of Theological Institutions in Eastern Africa (ATIEA) and Professor at Bishop Tucker School of Divinity and Ministry, Uganda Christian University.|
|Prof. Dr. Jean-Claude Loba Mkole (OP) is Professor Extraordinary at the University of Pretoria (South Africa), Visiting Professor at Hekima University College (Kenya), and Global Translation Advisor, United Bible Societies.|
|Rev. Dr. Fohle Lygunda li-M is Founding Executive Director of the Africa Center for Interdisciplinary Studies (ACIS), in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo and author of Transforming Missiology: An Alternative Approach to Missiological Education (Langham 2018).|
|Rev. Dr. Madipoane Masenya (ngwan’a Mphahlele) is Professor of Old Testament Studies in the Department of Biblical and Ancient Studies at the University of South Africa.|
|Dr. Kyama Mugambi is the Editorial Manager of African Theological Network Press, a Lecturer in African Christianity, and the author of A Spirit of Revitalization: Urban Pentecostalism in Kenya (Baylor University Press, 2020). His book launch took place on October 15, 2020.|
|Very. Rev. Protopresbyter Fr. Evangelos E. M. Thiani is Vice Rector and Senior Lecturer at the Orthodox College of Africa, priest and Director of Theological Advancement, Interfaith and Ecumenical Relations for the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Alexandria and all Africa, Nairobi, Kenya.|
Technical Advisors to the Executive Director
- Dr. Michael Glerup is Executive Director of the Center for Early African Christianity, New Haven, CT, and the Executive Director of the Project on Religious Freedom & Society in Africa at Yale University’s Whitney and Betty MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies. He is the General Editor for a fourteen-volume series titled Ancient Commentary Texts (IVP) and has published and edited a number of volumes on ancient Christianity. He has contributed chapters to multi-author books in theology, spirituality, and patristic interpretation.
- Dr. Daryl Ireland is Associate Director of the Center for Global Christianity and Mission and Research Assistant Professor of Mission at Boston University School of Theology. He is the author of John Song: Modern Chinese Christianity and the Making of a New Man (Baylor University Press, 2020).
- Alex Mayfield, PhD candidate, is Leading Web Developer, Designer, and Consultant at Boston University School of Theology.
- Dr. Sara Fretheim is Assistant Lecturer/Research Assistant at the Institute for Missiology and Non-European Theologies at the University of Münster, Germany. She is the author of Kwame Bediako and African Christian Thought: Emerging Religious Discourse in 20th Century Ghana (Pickwick 2018) and Assistant Editor for Mission Studies. She recently produced and directed a short film, “Orality and African Christian Spirituality: An Introduction,” as part of a grant from the Nagel Institute’s African Theological Advance Initiative (2017–2020).
- Dr. Vika Zafrin is a digital humanities scholar, digital librarian, and creator of supportive infrastructure. Her primary interests include freely accessible digital collections, semantic text analysis, organizational change and sustainability, experimental pedagogy, and facilitating the adoption of digital tools and methods in humanities research and teaching. She worked in higher education for over 20 years before transitioning into the tech industry.
- Dr. Gina Zurlo is Co-Director of the Center for the Study of Global Christianity, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. She is also a Visiting Research Fellow at Boston University’s Institute on Culture, Religion and World Affairs, where she is co-editor-in-chief of the Journal of Religion and Demography and works on the World Religion Database (Brill).