On this page you can find materials that can be used in courses on African Christian history or biography.
- BBC: The Story of Africa
- Center for Early African Christianity
- Christian History Institute
- History Online
- The Institute for Diasporan and African Culture
- Mundus - Gateway to Missionary Collections in the U.K.
- Paulines Publications Africa
- School of Oriental and African Studies
- Anglican Provinces in Africa
- Christ Apostolic Church Worldwide
- Church of the Lord (Aladura)
- Church of the Nazarene in Africa
- Deeper Christian Life Ministry
- The Redeemed Christian Church of God
- Seventh-Day Adventist World Church
- Spiritans - Africa (Catholic)
- African Proverbs, Sayings and Stories Rev. Joseph G. Healey, MM
- African Proverbs, Sayings and Stories: Society and Culture Facebook page
- Pitts Theological Library at Emory University This is a link to a description of some of what we hold at Pitts Theology Library. The most valuable dimension of this link is the further embedded link to our library catalogue, the 850 number. By clicking on this embedded link, researchers are directed to periodical holdings catalogued under the subject heading “sub-saharan african periodicals.” Researchers can then refine their search within the collection by making selections from the left panel of the online catalogue; subject, author, and language may be of most use to determine if we hold particular items. (from Jennifer Aycock)
- Orthodox Research Institute “The Origin of Orthodoxy in East Africa.” This website offers resources, articles, links, book titles, and information on the work and mission of the Orthodox Research Institute.
(Internet connection needed)
Chuka University Jerusha Kanyua Documentary
Learn about Jerusha Kanyua, a phenomenal woman who, besides having had a church named in her honour (the J.K.M.C) and being a seer, is also credited for being one of the early pioneers of Ndagani.
Cinematographer: Victor Murithi
Documentary bibliography of written and oral sources.
Biography of Jerusha Kanyua, by Dr. Dickson Nkonge Kagema ***
From Victor Murithi, cinematographer
This two-part series entitled African Christianity Rising: Stories from Ghana (part 1) and Stories from Zimbabwe (part 2), a project of James Ault Productions, focuses on Christianity’s explosive growth in Africa and its meaning for the world community and the world church. This excerpt vividly introduces the historical background out of which emerged the vision for the Dictionary of African Christian Biography project. From footage shot in 1998 in Ghana and 2006 in Ghana and the USA. Principal camera, Tom Hurwitz. Additional camera, William Sefa and Jim Ault. Sound, Francis Kwakye. Principal editor, Kate Purdie. Initial editing, Jean Boucicaut.
Kwame Bediako: Excerpts from His Life-Story
Kwame Bediako, outstanding African scholar and theologian, and DACB Advisory Council member, died on June 10, 2008. You can read his full story at www.dacb.org/stories/ghana/bediako_kwame.html.